Thursday, July 1, 2010

{teacher gift}

I just can't even believe it's the end of the school year.  In fact tomorrow is Little Man's last day of 1st grade.  My baby's growing up.  And of course I put off figuring out what to do for a teacher gift 'til the last minute.  At least I didn't completely forget let it slip my mind this year & rush out to buy something right after I dropped him off at school;) but I would never do a thing like that. In my quest to find the perfect idea, I came across this cute little bloggy;  She had a super cute idea for a teacher gift.  It ended up being exactly what I was looking for.  So I stole borrowed her idea & put my own twist on it.

So here enters the personalized teacher office supply kit........




As you can see I mod podged her name on the top of it, I think it turned out just perfect!


 
inside we put hand sanitizer, hand lotion, chap stick, rubber bands, large & small binder clips, staples, marble magnets, erasers, butterfly clips, small post-it notes, & of course some chocolate!


 

I'm sure you've seen this marble magnets around blog land a time or two.  You've probably even made some.  If not, you just cut the paper to size, mod podge to the back of the marble & hot glue a magnet to the back.  Easy peasy. 
And they have her initials.

   
these binder clips were as easy as the magnets were.  Just cut paper to size & mod podge.  Super cute & they match!
 
I saw this idea on a blog but can't remember where.  You just get some clear pens, pull the ink part out, wrap it with cute paper & put the ink back in.  And the best part, it matches. Of course;)


 
I've copied made cuter cards before but loved that it also coordinates with everything else.
 
the best part of the whole gift, the sweet message that Little Man wrote inside of the card.  He really loves his teacher & I know that he's gonna miss her.  I would agree with him, she was the best teacher ever!  We hope she loves her gift.  
We also added a gift card to Wal-mart in case she needs some more supplies or refills. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Christy! I just added your cute blog here to my list of favorite blogs to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete